NumberBook’s mission is to build the most accurate and complete phone community, to provide a Smart Call ID, dialer and messaging functionality that, among other features, allow for population of unidentified numbers and other data in call display the name associated with a certain number for incoming or outgoing calls or following a manual number search against NumberBook database; For this purpose, NumberBook is depending on the Users sharing certain information. In this context, we are firmly committed to the security and protection of integrity of the Users of the Services (as defined in the Terms of Service) and their contacts.
DATA CONTROLLER AND CONTRACTING PARTY
1.1 IN BRIEF AND SIMPLE TERMS:
NumberBook processes Your profile data (name, phone number etc.) and information about Your activity on the NumberBook application including device information, IP address and location for the provisioning and personalization of the Services. NumberBook has enhanced its privacy center to provide You with more ability to access and control Your data.
1.1.1 Subject always to obtaining your prior consent, we may:
- provide your information to third parties (such as Google and advertising networks) to serve more relevant advertisements or special offers and promotions to You
- provide Your availability status to other Users (Last Seen)
- allow other Users, at Your option, to either obtain your contact details or send a message to You to request Your contact details
1.1.2 We do not:
- store or share any personal information of contacts from Your address book
- provide reverse number look up of contacts from Your address book
1.2 INFORMATION COLLECTED AND RECEIVED
1.2.1When You install the NumberBook App, NumberBook will collect some technical information from Your device in order to be able to provide You with the Services, namely Your IP address, the unique device ID number and what operating system, operator, screen resolution and version of the NumberBook App You use, if any. This information is used to verify that the User device is properly registered and will not be used to identify You personally and will not constitute personal information for the purposes of this Policy. We will, however, use this data for statistics and user support as long as You use the Services.
1.2.2 Your Profile
while You register for a user profile in the NumberBook App the confirmation of You being the holder of the provided number is a must, Your uploaded information to the profile section of the NumberBook App will be received and stored by NumberBook until the User changes or deletes such data or terminates the Services. Compulsory information is requested when creating a profile page as the User's first name, last name and phone number; and additional optional information may be provided at Your discretion including, but not limited to, photo, gender, street address and zip code, country of residence, email address, professional website, Facebook page, Twitter address and a short status message.
Please note that the User is personally responsible for any Content uploaded to and displayed in the User profile.
In addition, at Your discretion, You may make available to NumberBook, and the latter will store and process, Your identifier information as Third Party services' user, i.e. Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and Twitter, (and also a mapped photo where applicable) for application's interoperability and functionality with such Third Party services. Please note that no passwords of any of the mentioned Third Party's services will ever be stored. Your personal information on the respective Third Party service may be subject to your control by providing us an access to through the respective Third Party service's privacy settings.
1.2.4 Your Contacts
If You decide to share your Contact Information with NumberBook, we will use Contact Information for the purpose of backing up Your contacts and helping You restoring you contact list and providing you with a smart Call ID.
Sharing Contact Information with NumberBook is necessary if You wish to benefit from a smart Call ID, if you decide to share Your Contact Information, You will be able to identify Your callers cause NumberBook at a first searches your contact list, and in the event, the number was not found, NumberBook services will provide a smart lookup allowing you to identify the unknown number.
Sharing Contact Information with NumberBook is necessary if You wish to benefit from NumberBook Backup and Restore Service, especially in the case You lose Your phone or need to replace it, You can restore Your Contact List from Your backed up one to NumberBook cloud.
- Please note that the phone numbers are the sole information to be received, stored and used from Your Contact list. Any other numbers or information (addresses, passwords and credit card numbers and any other similar information will automatically be in your device's phone book will be disregarded and will never be stored or used by NumberBook cause our safety algorithms, prevents their collection into NumberBook database by filtering any number and information stored in the phone book in a number sequence not compatible with that used for telephone numbers. Please also note that You always have the free choice to do share your Contacts with NumberBook and the full authority to render Your Number and all Your Contacts unavailable for search in the database by respectively, easily delisting Your Number and opting out. if You have shared information and changed Your mind, You can
- ACCESSING AND CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
NumberBook provides many choices for You to control and manage Your personal information via the settings in the NumberBook Privacy Center. Subject to applicable law, you may also have the following rights in relation to Your personal information:
Right of access: You may request a confirmation as to whether or not personal information is being processed by NumberBook and to obtain a copy of that information. We may decline to process requests that are vexatious or frivolous or extremely impractical, jeopardize the privacy of others, or for which access is not otherwise required by applicable law.
Right to rectification: You may request rectification if Your personal information is inaccurate.
Right to erasure: You may request that your personal information is erased in certain situations e.g. if it is no longer necessary to provide the Services to You.
Right to object: You may object to the processing of Your personal information in certain situations e.g. for use of Your data for ad targeting.
Right to restriction: You may request restrictions of the processing of Your personal information in certain situations e.g. if Your personal information is inaccurate or unlawfully processed.
Right to data portability: You may request to receive personal information provided by You in machine readable format.
You can exercise Your rights above via the NumberBook Privacy Center where You e.g. can access, edit, delete and download Your personal information and limit or opt-out of the collection and use of Your information for ad targeting and the provision of special offers or promotions by third parties. You may also contact NumberBook for assistance using the contact information below, and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable law.
- ACCESSING AND CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
4.1 NumberBook may use the personal information collected to provide You with its main functionalities and features, through processes of pertinent maintenance, improvements, analysis and customization of its Services for its Users, partners and Third Party providers and contractors. More specifically, NumberBook may use such information to:
- provide smart caller ID, whether through dialer and/or messaging functionality that, among other features, allow the display of the name associated with an unidentified number for incoming or outgoing calls or the manual search for the name associated with the unidentified number against the NumberBook database;
- Provide manual search for the number associated with a certain name against the NumberBook database, in proviso, that the relevant number is available for search in a public database or relates to a User who has made his or her name available for search;
On the other hand, if the number is not available for search in a public database or relates to a User who has made his or her name private, in such case Your request will be forwarded to that person via an SMS or push notification with your name and he/she may choose whether or not to share the phone number with You at his/her own discretion
- implementing “social graph” algorithm by displaying information based on direct or indirect connections a User may have in common with other Users and displaying “availability” functionalities of the Services;
- send in application push notifications and reminders and deliver messages via the Services,
- Preserve User spam lists and build a community-based spam blocking directory;
- Interoperate with Third Party's services by enabling You to use and share Your information in connection with Your registration, login or other use of Third Party services e.g. payment service providers, social networking sites and other third party API's; and
- Provide customer support, respond to Your queries, investigate and resolve issues related to the Services;
- otherwise to enable the improvement of our Services, business and operations.
4.2 To Comply with laws and regulations and to hinder fraudulent or illegal activities
We may use the collected information to comply with applicable laws and regulations and to enforce and implement our agreements and fulfil our obligations and to protect and defend the rights of NumberBook's Users and to verify the provided information in the User profile with third party providers and to ensure the functionality of Our Services and the accuracy of Our data, to perform trouble-shooting and to hinder and detect fraud, any security breach or any activity not in compliance with laws.
4.3 In addition to the above, NumberBook may use the information related to the Users and Contact Information if we believe such action is necessary in order to:
(b) protect and defend our rights or property (including the enforcement of our agreements); or
(c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of Users or members of the public.
(d) to implement our agreements and fulfil our obligations, and we insure that such agreements and statements ensure that personal information can only be used and handled for the purposes and in accordance with such agreements or statements as have been executed. Some of our agents and contractors are subject to foreign laws, including laws that may require disclosure of personal information to government agencies in those countries.
(e) We transfer information to trusted vendors, service providers, and other partners who support our business and Services, as well as potential partners who may wish to work with us to provide other services, that interact or are integrated with our Services. NumberBook will always require these third parties to take all the appropriate measures for personal information protection whether organizational and/or technical more precisely to observe the General Data Protection Regulations and any other applicable legislation.
The following is a description of how NumberBook may share information about you with trusted third party partners. Should NumberBook add additional partners, this description will be updated:
- NumberBook uses a third party partner company in order to send You or a third party you wish to contact SMS when you use the Services. In order to send you the SMS, we send the third party company Your and the relevant third party's phone numbers. This third party SMS partner is contractually obligated only to use these phone numbers for the transmission of requested SMS.
- NumberBook may use Push Notification Services to notify you about up-dates and important information. In such cases, Your phone number may be part of the notification. This message is sent to the push notification service provider, for delivery to Your device. You may, however, at any time-opt out or disable push notifications in the NumberBook App.
- NumberBook may disclose and transfer Your Information to our associated or affiliated organizations or related entities and to any third party who acquires a right to use of our data or acquires our business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets.
The submission of Contact Information by You and the processing thereof by NumberBook is protected under the applicable law, see below. NumberBook may, however, disclose information contained in the Service and about you if we determine that for national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance that disclosure of information is necessary, always provided, of course, it is also lawful.
4.4 Cookies and Automatically Collected Information
NumberBook servers may automatically collect data about Your Internet address when You use the Services. This information, known as an Internet Protocol address, or “IP Address”, is a number that is automatically assigned to Your computer or other device by Your Internet service provider whenever You are on the Internet. When You request pages from the Services, our servers may log Your IP Address and, if applicable, Your domain name. Your IP Address is used to help identify You and to gather demographic information about our Users as a whole. NumberBook servers may also record the referring page that linked you to NumberBook (e.g. another web site or a search engine); the pages You visit on the Services; the web site you visit after NumberBook Site; the ads you see and/or click on; other information about the type of Web browser, computer, platform, related software and settings you are using; any search terms You have entered on this web site or a referral site; and other Web usage activity and data logged by NumberBook’s servers. NumberBook uses this information for internal system administration, to help diagnose problems with servers, and to administer our Services. Such information may also be used to gather demographic information, such as country of origin and Internet Service Provider.
Corresponding data may be collected and used for the same purposes when You enable and use the “search the web” functionality within the NumberBook App.
- INFORMATION SECURITY AND TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO OTHER COUNTRIES
NumberBook Services require by their very nature that Your personal information will be transferred to other Users across the globe. Cloud based services and subcontracted storage or processing of the information to third parties located in different countries including e.g. the USA. may be used by NumberBook for the provision of the Services, such countries may be other than Your home country. The countries of collection and the countries of processing the data may not provide the same level of protection for personal data as within Europe, therefore We use Model Contractual Clauses adopted by the EU Commission as a legal mechanism for the international transfer of data to a third party located in a country outside Europe. We take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorized access. NumberBook assures You that it has implemented physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in order to protect the information, including that the information will be stored on secured servers and protected by secured networks to which access is limited to a few authorized employees and personnel. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure.
- LEGAL BASES AND DATA RETENTION
NumberBook will collect and process Your personal information in order to perform the contract with You (e.g. to deliver the Services), based on Your consent (i.e. the choices You make upon registration and in Your settings) or based on a legitimate interest of NumberBook (which is not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms). Such legitimate interests of NumberBook include to protect and maintain the security of the Services, to create and maintain spam blocking directories, to understand and improve our Services and user relationships and to administer our business and customer support. Where we process data based on Your consent, You may withdraw your consent at any time via Your settings.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not intentionally or knowingly collect or solicit information from children under the relevant age of consent under the laws of their respective jurisdictions or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. The Services are not directed to children under the relevant age of consent under the laws of their respective jurisdictions. If you believe that we might have information from or about a child under the relevant age of consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.